18 Sept 2016

Alice In Winterland

In the winter, Wonderland becomes Winterland, and Alice loves to walk in the snowy forest.

I painted the top of my 20cm (8inch) canvas with Iced Gem paint, and randomly painted on Snow White metallic paint on the bottom. I used the star stencil and Slap it On to add some raised stars to the top of the canvas and also painted those pink.

 

I used Archival Olive Ink pad to stamp the trees from the Winterland wood stamp set. I stamped the two distance trees without reinking the stamp, so it gave a more faded and distant look. I used white paint to add snow to the trees which was followed by flitterglu and white glitter.

 

I stamped and coloured Alice from the Indigoblu Alice stamp set, and stamped the bunnies in black Archival from the Winterland set. I fussy cut them all out and adhered them to the canvas.

I spread glass bead gel medium to the bottom of the canvas to give some glistening texture to the snow. When it was dry, I lightly added white paint to some areas.

 

I Die cut some snowflakes and stars in various sizes and covered them in Flitterglu and white glitter. I adhered them to the top of the canvas using sticky foam pads.

Thank you so much for visiting, I hope to see you again soon.

I would like to enter Alice in Winterland into the following challenges.

That's Crafty Christmas

Craft Stamper Anything Goes

Daring Card Makers Favourite Book

Products Used

 

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous snowy canvas and I really like the colour of your sky. I also like the faded trees in the distance. The glass bead medium that you've used give a lovely glisten to the snow. It's not a product that I've come across before but it looks really effective. Lovely layout on a lovely canvas. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous snowy scene. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, so beautiful. Such a pretty snowy scene. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh... lovely Alice in Winterland. Thanks for showing us your book-inspired creation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This`is beautiful!!
    love the 3 dimensional!
    Jackie ")

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye