3 Aug 2016

An Apple Or Two A Day For Bernie

Do you have a folder of backgrounds which you have created but haven't used? I know I do so I pulled a colourful one of them out to use as my base for this picture.

I firmly taped my elephant stencil down with some masking tape. I swept some texture paste over the stencil with a palette knife, I wanted to give the elephant a cracked rough elephant type skin so I used a sponge (an inexpensive make up sponge) and pressed it into the paste and then quickly lifted it up. I have never used crackle paint, but you could probably create the same appearance with that.

When the paste was completely dry. I put the stencil back over the paste and carefully stuck it down. I used Rangers Cool Graphite dye ink to colour the elephant. I really should give him a name.... I think I will call him Bernie. I dabbed a sponge into the ink and dabbed it all over until Bernie was a glorious grey colour.

Now Bernie is often hungry so I quickly painted him a few apples, and coated them in glossy accents. When nice and dry I cut them all out.

I stamped a bird on a little piece of card and cut it out and sat him on Bernie's back. I added few green stamped branches and leaves, and glued the apples amongst them.Now Bernie is ready to have a feast!

 

Please join in the fun and add your project to this months Mixed Media Mojo

Challenge Harvest with a Twist of Fruit.

 

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

Artistic Stamper Anything Goes

Stamps and Stencils Take Flight, the bird is getting ready to fly!

 

 

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just love the scene you created! So much detail! What a beautiful piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - I love the elephant and the apples! Thanks for sharing at the Mixed Media Card Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project Thanks for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper - Debs DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous make! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils this month! Branka DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous elephant stencil! This is so cool. We appreciate you sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye