1 Apr 2016

Think Happy Tin

 

I recycled an empty hinged tin of mints to make this fun little scene.

I started by lining the tin with card, I used some off cuts from some bleeding art tissue backgrounds which I had made a while ago. There are so many pretty papers available that the possibilities for creating the background are endless.

I chose this set of little silhouette stamps for my scene.

I stamped them all in black archival ink and carefully cut them out, but leaving a little tab on the bottom of them to glue to the grass later.

I cut a strip of card slightly longer than the width of the tin and fringed it to look like grass. I folded each side edge of the card and glued it to the inside side of the tin. I used two strips of grass, and then added the silhouettes onto the grass strip.

I die cut a tree branch and flowers, and glued the branch into the top of the tin and adhered some flowers. I stamped a sentiment on the lining inside of the lid.

I decided to use decopatch papers to cover the tin. Apparently you are meant to use expensive decopatch glue, but I have found that Pva glue works fine for me.

There are so many different scenes you could create inside of a little tin, why not give it a try!

Thank you so much for visiting today.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges

Creative Artiste Mixed Media Anything Goes

That's Crafty Bright and Beautiful, incidentally I bought the stamps I used here from That's Crafty, it was a few years ago but they may still have them.

 

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the pretty decopatch paper on the outside. The inside is fabulous with the wonderful little woodland scene you've created.
    Thank you for joining in with the April challenge "Anything Goes with Chipboard, Stencils, or Flowers Options " at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet recycled tin Jannet, love your soft colour palette combined with those wonderful silhouette stamps! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute did this turn out, what a great idea
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your decorated tin Jannet !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the dimensional layers you have created in this gorgeous little tin.... Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...

    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful glowing colours lighting up the inside of your altered tin - wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye