16 Jul 2015

Magical Fairy Garden






My mothers friend often gives her broken bits of jewellery and various sparkly bits, for me. As she thinks I can always do something with them!

The last little collection had  a large sparkly gem pendant included, and a very pretty flower which was once an earring. I immediately thought of fairies, and my Lavinia Stamps.




I decided to make a 3d  Fairy scene. I cut down a camomile tea box to use as my stage, and started stamping. I carefully cut out my fairy and glued her to  the top part of the pendant, and glued the underneath  to the box. Then I began stamping a vast array of lavender flowers and bluebells. I wanted the fairy to be sitting amongst a host  of flowers. I cut out all of the flowers the lavender was a real challenge!

I decided not to use the poppies and chose bluebells instead 


Even though I used thickish card the flowers did not want to stand up, and they just flopped when I inserted them into the box. So out came the trusty pva glue, and I gave them a good coating. When they were dry I managed to slot them all  in, including of course the one special earring flower. I then  used three colours of flowersoft to cover the box and to make it look like grass and flowers. Of course as it is a fairy special place it needed a few drops of stickles added too!


I made a lavender bag to go underneath the box. I had some left over dried lavender from the garden  last year. This years is drying nicely. I attached the lavender bag with a ribbon to the underside of the box so it can be taken out if needed.





I am going to give this to my Mothers friend Irene, to thank her for all the little bits and pieces she sends to me. I have to admit though, I sometimes have no idea what some of the bits are......

I would like to enter this into the following challenges

Lavinia Stamps Add a Flower

Craft Stamper Take it Make it Anything Goes

Thank you for looking, I hope you can smell the lavender.

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so brilliant! Gorgeous idea, I love the fairy sitting on the diamond drop. Thank you for joining us at the TIMI CraftStamper challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea, I'm sure she will treasure it, thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia Stamps Challenge, good luck, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic and what a super idea..... I just love this..... Good Luck in the Lavinia Challenge and thank you for entering..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea! Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you're with us in the TIMI challenge from the Craft Stamper. Gorgeous project!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your mums friend will love it and the lavender bag underneath is a great idea thank you for joining us at the craft stamper magazines challenge blog
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning love it!! Thanks for joining us at the Craft Stamper Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project .... Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super project, and the lavender bag is a perfect finishing touch. Thank you for joining us in the Lavinia Challenge, good luck. Hugs, Pauline DT member xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please be aware if you leave a comment, your name and link to your blog (if you have one) will be seen by anyone visiting this blog. . Thank you so much for visiting, I would love to read your comments, I really appreciate them!


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye